Friday 24 June 2011

Slightly rushed steampunk girl

So yeah. Decided that I need some practise drawing women. Everytime I try and draw a character off've the top of my head they always look male. I was happy with yesterdays drawing but decided it was a bit of a cop out because I only drew the face and I'm much better at faces than I am at figures, especially female ones. Spent the evening trawling deviantart for a photo to work from and then realised it was 10 o'clock and rushed out this drawing which I did directly in gel pen on a tiny piece of paper just working from the head down without working out proportions or anything. I'm not particularly pleased with it to be honest. Tomorrow (later today, I guess) I'm gonna crack on with a much bigger better drawing in a similar vein but with much more time and care!

Gel pen then colours added in photoshop. Based on someone's photo on deviantart.



No comments:

Post a Comment